Family Law Attorneys Serving Clients in Jersey City and Throughout Northern NJ
Whatever your legal issue, it is helpful to enlist the services of an experienced attorney. However, when the problem is as highly charged with emotion as a family law matter often is, it becomes even more critical to seek the advice of an experienced attorney. Our family law attorneys in Jersey City can help you get through these trying times. Every case is unique, so we will listen to your needs and devise a legal strategy tailored to your case. The family lawyers at Miller, Meyerson & Corbo are committed to helping you obtain a positive outcome in your family law case.
Help With a Variety of Family Matters
The family law attorneys of Miller, Meyerson & Corbo have represented families and individuals throughout Jersey City and Northern New Jersey since 1927, helping these people pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. If you need help with a family law issue, our trusted, experienced family lawyers will give you the individualized service you deserve to resolve this most sensitive issue.
- Divorce − Obtaining a divorce can implicate a host of issues like alimony, property division, child custody and more. Our family law attorneys are prepared to advocate on your behalf in the courtroom or at the negotiation table.
- Dissolution of civil union — The legal issues will be handled by seasoned attorneys on your team. We are committed to assisting you in reaching a fair resolution of your issues including custody, parenting time, support and property distribution.
- Alimony − Going through a divorce is emotionally troublesome, but it need not be so financially. Our office is committed to making sure you maintain a lifestyle comparable to the one you became accustomed to during marriage.
- Child custody and visitation − As a parent, you naturally want your children to be raised in a happy and healthy home. The family law attorneys at Miller, Meyerson & Corbo will work toward a resolution wherein your parental rights are fully represented.
- Child support − Raising a child is a responsibility that ought to be shared by both parents. We represent parents to ensure that children receive the financial support needed for a happy, healthy upbringing.
- Property distribution − New Jersey is an equitable distribution state. In theory, you should recover your fair share of marital property upon divorce. Our family lawyers are committed to making that theory a reality.
- Child support modification − When circumstances change and you are no longer able to satisfy your child support obligation, modification of the support order may be possible. Miller, Meyerson & Corbo will work for a resolution wherein you can pay a share of child support that is reflective of your financial situation.
- Juvenile delinquency and dependency proceedings − When you enlist the services of Miller, Meyerson & Corbo, you can be confident that our family lawyers are experienced and have a proven track record of success. These skillful family lawyers will navigate the bureaucratic red tape to ensure your parental rights are defended and your child’s future is protected.
- Domestic violence − Assaults, threats and other violent or criminal behavior directed against a spouse or ex-spouse, current or former boyfriend or girlfriend or certain other persons can result in an arrest for domestic violence, with significant ramifications in a divorce or family law matter. Whether seeking or challenging a no contact order or charge of domestic violence, we can help ensure that you and your family are safe and that your rights are protected.
- Mediation − Whether you prefer to litigate or mediate, Miller, Meyerson & Corbo can help. Ms. Corbo is recognized as a Certified Matrimonial Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and is a certified mediator as well.
- Prenuptial agreements − Our family lawyers can prepare a prenuptial agreement that will make the dissolution of your marriage more predictable in the unfortunate event of divorce.
Compassionate legal assistance for NJ family law and divorce matters
To learn more about how Miller, Meyerson & Corbo can help you with your family law issue, contact our office today at 201-333-9000 to schedule a consultation.